Penniless Socialite: Weekend Update: Cape Cod Vaycay

Monday, August 13, 2012

Weekend Update: Cape Cod Vaycay

Ok, this is not technically this weekend's update, but I haven't had time to devote a whole post to my fab mini-vacation on Cape Cod with the fam.  Yes, I went on a vacation with my parents, sister, 2 brothers and their 2 dogs and managed to make it back in one piece.  I owe it all to the beer. (And the fact that I only stayed 3 1/2 days instead of the whole week)
Skirt // J. Crew (worn here, similar here); Tank / ??? (similar here); Sunnies // Betsey Johnson via Marshall's (worn here, similar here);
Flip Flops // Coach via Marshall's (worn here, similar here)
I started off the trip with a quick stop in Mystic, CT to visit my friend Aida from law school.  My blatant disregard for speed limits put us in Mystic ahead of schedule.  However, once we were within 10 miles of the Cape we hit bumper to bumper traffic.  Thankfully, the Scot was driving, so I didn't have too bad of a rage attack.  And here is an Instagram photo collage of my little getaway.

So, in a nutshell, the vacay started out with intense traffic....so, naturally, our first stop was the liquor store.  Then, there was some beautiful weather and drinking in the backyard.  FYI, that is a picture of my sister drinking in the yard...just to prove I was not the only one partaking in the sauce on this vacation.  Oh, and I would like to mention that my mother went through an 18 pack of Coors Light in 24 hours.  And she found a disco station she loved.  She vacationed the hell out of last week.

We left our mother to the Coors Light and disco and took a little trip to the Cape Cod Brewery.  The Summer Ale is my personal favorite.  And just to prove I didn't just drink away my time at the Cape...here's a picture of me at a restaurant where I had some food.
For some reason, just being on the Cape makes my hair incredibly greasy.  I showered everyday, I promise.
Oh wait....and there's a beer glass.  Based upon the lovely rope decoration, you've probably guessed that this was taken a sea food restaurant.  You are now probably wondering what a vegetarian eats at a sea food restaurant.  If you thought fish...please just leave.  A pet peeve of mine is when I ask for a vegetarian option at a restaurant and they offer me fish.  What the heck do you think a fish is?  Last time I checked fish are not the long lost cousins of the carrot.  I had a salad and a potato....and then went out for a giant ice cream...and then went directly to sleep because I was full of beer and ice cream.  I am not getting off my vegetarian soap box and am leaving you with this picture:
I laughed for no less than 20 minutes about this.  My teen-aged brothers laughed for about 15 minutes. If you are wondering...it's actually the Canal Visitor Center.  I'll post some more pictures on Wednesday of my vacation that don't involve beer or crude middle school humor.  Yeah, most of you are disappointed I bet.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...