Penniless Socialite: Look What I Got: Rebecca Taylor

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Look What I Got: Rebecca Taylor


Dress // Rebecca Taylor via TJ Maxx | Boots // Macy's (worn here, similar here) | Necklace // Bauble Bar |
Purse // Juicy Couture (worn here, similar here)


Today is the first ever Look What I Got link up!  I am so excited for this one and I had been saving this dress for just this occasion!  Unfortunately, Frankenstorm rolled into town and I was forced to take my pictures last minute in a parking garage.  Oh, the things I do for fashion blogging.  And I am out a co-host this week because Sharon of The Tiny Heart lives at the Jersey Shore and suffered the brunt of the storm.  Make sure to send positive messages her way!
This dress is a REBECCA TAYLOR.  I have a love affair with Rebecca Taylor's collections, however, I can not afford the hefty price tags.  That's where the Runway section at my TJ Maxx comes into play.  If you don't know, the Runway section at TJ Maxx offers high end designer clothes (from past seasons) at a fraction of the department store prices.  This dress retailed for $395.  Yep...that is a car payment (and a nice pair of shoes) for me.  So, obvi I was not paying that.  Then, this dress appeared in TJ Maxx for $119...that's almost a month of groceries, so I was also not paying that.  I waited and stalked this dress and it finally went on sale for $80.  That's an 80% savings from the original price!  It's still pretty steep for my budget, but I haven't bought any other clothes for the past month.  That's how much I love this dress.  I was willing to forsake all other dresses for this dress.  This is now the second Rebecca Taylor dress I have added to my collection and this whole story is sounding sort of familiar to me.  I would show you the other one, but my sister borrowed it and hasn't returned it.  I really need to get that back.  Oh yeah....there's a link up



Grab button for Look What I Got
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...