Penniless Socialite: November and December Ipsy Bag Reviews

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

November and December Ipsy Bag Reviews

So, if the fact that the title informs you that this post is about my November and December Ipsy bags didn't inform you of how behind I am with posting about my subscription boxes....the Christmas ornaments in the photos will.  I thought I was making the photos fun and more interesting.  Because my busy schedule didn't let me test the products until this week, now the photos just look silly.  Thank you snow day!

November 14 Ipsy Bag Nov 14 Ipsy Collage 
Be a Bombshell Eye Base (0.09 oz. ~$14.00): I'm not exactly sure what this stuff is trying to be.  It's called an eye base and the website says you can use it to build color on it.  However, it seeps into the eye lid crease almost instantly.  So, I feel like you can't wear this stuff as a base.  So, it's just a dark brown, mediocre eye shadow...snore.

Elizabeth Mott You're so Fine Eyeliner (Full size, $18):  I sadly cannot provide you with a helpful review of this product.  I am physically unable to use liquid eyeliner.  I just wind up with skinny black lines all over my lids and no where hear the lash line.  It didn't smell like cat pee or anything weird.  That's as helpful as I can be.

J. Cat Wonder Lip Paint (Full size, $5): I love this stuff.  It's like less expensive Lip Tar!  The color is so pretty...more red than brown as it appears in the picture.

Marc Anthony Argan Oil Hairspray (1.5oz. ~ $1.50): This hair spray really holds well, but still feels light.  I didn't see any difference with the addition of the Argan oil though.

Temptu Highlighter (0.1 oz. ~ $2.75):  I am not a fan of the color of this highlighter.  It's too white and glittery.  It looks like Halloween makeup.

December 14 Ipsy December 14 Ipsy Collage

Beauty without Cruelty Facial Cleanser (2 oz. ~$3.00):  I love that this stuff is cruelty free and vegan.  However, that's about the only thing I loved about it.  It's soap free and is supposed to clean your skin with alpha hydroxy acids.  However, I felt like it didn't clean my face at all and just left it oily.

Cailyn Just Mineral Eye Polish (Full size, $15):  I really like this color and the formula is nice and smooth.  It stays on all day without creasing.  However, the applicator is terrible.  I needed to dab it on my eyes and blend with a brush.  This would be better in a little pot.

NYX Butter Lip Balm (Full size, $4): For a lip balm, this has A LOT of pigment, and it was fairly long-lasting.

450 Blow Out Heat Defense Spray (1.7oz. ~ $8): I love this stuff.  It made my hair much straighter and bouncier after a blow dry.  A little warning though: do NOT use too much!  If you do it will turn your hair into a grease ball.

Tarte Lights Camera Lashes Mascara (0.1 oz. ~ $6):  I was a little mad about all the mascara I was getting in my Ipsy boxes.  But, I was not mad at all about this one.  This is my new fav.  It gives a ton of volume without clumping.

I was slightly disappointed in the value of this bag....only $29....and no full sized products.
Ipsy Deets
  • $10 per month
  • 5 beauty products, some full sized (2-3) in each bag
  • 1 cosmetic bag
**Full Disclosure: Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription services.  I am in no way affiliated with Ipsy and have not received any compensation for this post.  However, I do receive points to redeem for product if I refer new subscribers with my referral link here.  All opinions are 100% mine.
 photo Signature_zps67b37c0d.png
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...