Penniless Socialite: Stuff I Wore: Sew Talented (OOTD 1.9.12)

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Stuff I Wore: Sew Talented (OOTD 1.9.12)

Note: It looks like Google Friend Connect is going away in March for non-Blogger users.  So, make sure to follow me on Bloglovin or Google Reader.
Follow Penniless Socialite
Also, I've updated my "About Me" page, so you you want to know more about me, that's obviously the spot to go.


One of the benefits of shopping at nicer stores like J. Crew and Anthro is the service.  I had a particularly positive interaction with a J. Crew associate a few weeks ago.
I originally started the day off in these adorable Coach flats.  They're a few years old and I was perplexed as to why I hadn't worn them in awhile.  Around lunch time I figured out why; the top of the shoes dig painfully into my feet.  So, off to the consignment shop they went.
I had been eyeing this skirt for awhile at J. Crew.  So when it went on sale (plus an extra 30% off) I snatched it right up.  Unfortunately, I realized that the top button was hanging on by a thread.  I mentioned it to a store associate, but they didn't have any more in my size.  I figured, for the price, it was worth it to sew the button back on myself.  The store associate was nice enough to give me an additional 15% off on top of the already HUGE discount.  I think she gave me the student discount.  So, I got this skirt for $30 thanks to a sweet store associate.
CardiganSimilar SkirtSimilar CamisoleSimilar Earrings;





J Crew wool pleated skirt
£130 - net-a-porter.com

Tights
$50 - target.com

Steve madden shoes
$40 - famousfootwear.com

J Crew Crystal Brulee Bracelet
$45 - jcrew.com

Lauren Conrad gold tone earrings
$8.40 - kohls.com



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...