Penniless Socialite: Stuff I Wore: Prep it Up

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Stuff I Wore: Prep it Up

When I saw this outfit in a recent J. Crew catalog, I knew I had to have it.
So, after shopping my own closet, thrifting and searching discount stores, I came up with this version
Cardigan // Liz Claiborne, worn here, similar here
Tee // Gap
Blue Pencil Skirt // Thrifted, similar here
Necklace // J. Crew Factory, worn here
Topsiders // Rocket Dog, similar here
And my high school flannel-wearing self is puking over the sheer preppiness of this outfit.  If you had asked that Nirvana-loving teen if she'd someday wear boat shoes proudly, she would have laughed your face.  Well, maybe not laughed in your face because she was waaaay too cool to even be affected by your opinions.  She would have snorted apathetically.  
And if you want to adorn yourself in preppy goodies, head on over to Target.

Merona Eireen Wedge Sandal
Merona Women's Side Tab Ponte Dress
Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips: Mad for Plaid
Note card box
Plaid Rainboots


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...