Penniless Socialite: Stuff I Wore: Stripes and Neon

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Stuff I Wore: Stripes and Neon


Sorted Stripes Dress // Anthropologie (worn here, similar here); 
Tory Burch Reva Ballet Flats // Bloomingdale's (worn here); Necklace // Colorblock Shop



Today we're back to my random ramblings and no discussion about my clothes.  The other day I was in Bloomingdale's with the Scot, we were just passing through staring longingly at the expensive goodies.  I spied a teenage girl with an armful of expensive looking dresses, pants, skirts and well any thing she could carry, heading off to the dressing room.  A woman, that I assumed is her mother, was trailing behind with even more designer duds in tow.  The mother stops, looks at a mannequin wearing a gorgeous white peplum dress and exclaims, "Honey, you should try this one on!!!"  The teenager, exasperated, whines, "MOOoooommmmm!!!!  I already have that dress stupid!!!  Hurry up!!"  She stomped off to the dressing room leaving her mother embarrassed about her horrid child's behavior.  Seriously?  You own a dress still featured on the mannequin?  You didn't even wait a little while to see if it went on sale?  AND you bought a teenage girl a white dress?!?  That will be covered in Cheeto dust or ripped in no time.  That mother is wasting so much money.  
After this unfolded before me and I had a million thoughts about what was wrong with this situation running through my head, I looked at the Scot and said, "When I have enough money to shop here, I will shop here and my kids will shop at Old Navy."  Actually, I will probably still shop at Old Navy.  Who am I kidding?   
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...