Penniless Socialite: Influenster Vox Box Review and Link Up Announced

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Influenster Vox Box Review and Link Up Announced


When I got the email that I was chosen to receive Influenster's Beauty Blogger Vox Box, I may have squealed a little bit.  I love beauty products and I love free crap.  
1.   Vitabath Fragrance Mist in Dreamy Cake Frosting - The scent is a little sweet for use during the work week.  However, it's prefect for weekends and spritzing on after a shower.
2.   NYC IndividualEyes Custom Compact (for brown eyes) - I actually have hazel eyes, but I don't want to split hairs.  I love the idea of this compact.  It has primer, highlighter and all the necessary colors in one little near compact.  And the pigmentation is pretty darn good.  Unfortunately, mine broke in transit.

3. Goody Spin Pins - These seem to be pretty cool, but I have short hair.  So, I can't really provide a review.

4.   Kiss Ever Pro Lashes Starter Kit - I'm not a fake lashes gal, but I can try them out.  I wear contacts and have sensitive eyes, so I am hoping the latex-free glue won't irritate my eyes.

5.   Bath & Body Works Candle (in Black Pepper Bergamont) - I love B&B Works candles and I love the size of this candle.  It fits perfectly on the windowsill.  However, I hate the scent.  It smells like old man cologne.

6.   EBOOST - I'm not a believer in these drinks and orange flavored stuff like this usually tastes like gross medicine.

7.   Not your Mothers Kinky Moves Curl Defining Cream - I don't have curly hair, but it can be pretty wavy.  This stuff smells great and gives me nice waves without weighing down my hair like gel or hair spray.

And now for a big announcement!  I'm starting a brand new link up with the help of my buddy Sharon over at The Tiny Heart.  The link up is called LOOK WHAT I GOT!  and will celebrate great deals and cheap finds of the fashion and beauty world.  So, it's simple:
1. Write a post about a great fashion or beauty deal you've found.  It can be a $5 dress from the clearance rack at Target, some great coupon deals that you got on beauty products, a sale haul, a cheap alternative to a pricey designer item or even just an outfit post featuring some thrifty deals.  Some posts I think would be a good fit can be found here and here.

2. Come back here on Thursday, November 1st and link up!

3. Grab a Button and tell your friends! (the button will be linked to the first post of this link up and, right now, the page doesn't exist yet, so the button is not fully functional)



Grab button for Look What I Got

*Disclaimer - Influenster sent me this box of samples to try FOR FREE.  However, I was not compensated for my opinion and all opinions are my own.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...