Penniless Socialite: Weekend Update: Thriftin' Around Town

Monday, January 21, 2013

Weekend Update: Thriftin' Around Town

(A planner, Gap gift card, ad space and more!)
Dress: Simply Be via Gwynnie Bee | Tights: Anthropologie (worn here, similar here) | 
Boots: Macy's (worn here, similar here) | Hat: Ebay (worn here, similar here) | 
Bracelets: Groopdealz, F21 & Julep (worn here and here, similar here, here, here and here) | 
Ring: vintage | Earrings: Bauble Bar





This weekend I decided I wanted to do a little thrift store shopping...And this is the exact conversation that commenced between Elena and me.

In full disclosure, the outfit pictured is not what I wore because I did not do a photo shoot of my unwashed  appearance.  However, I did wear that hat.  Even though I didn't have enough energy to shower, I had more than enough to score some great finds.


I'm only giving a sneak peek at the clothing items because they will be making an appearance on the blog soon.  
Vintage dress: $8, Striped Forever 21 shirt: $3.50, Patterned top: $3.50


Brigadoon print: $35.  I normally don't like to pay more than $10 for an item at Goodwill, but I could not turn down this print.  The Scot and I attended a wedding at the Brigadoon last year, so it has some meaning to me.  I am sure I overpaid, but I considered it a donation to Goodwill...haha.


Presidential pitcher: $3.99.  Seriously, how could I turn this down?  (I also did a little grocery shopping, as is evidenced by the stack of cans behind the glorious pitcher).


Vintage ring: $16.  Although I do love the Presidential pitcher.  This vintage ring might be my favorite find of the day.

And then of course I tortured the dog a little bit:


Don't even try and tell me you don't put your shower cap on our dog.

Full disclosure: I did not receive any thing from Gwynnie Bee in exchange for this post.  I found the service on my own and decided to sign up and share it with you guys.  I do get one free month of Gwynnie Bee for every lady that signs up for a paid month of Gwynnie Bee here.

Oh yeah, and I have a second giveaway going on.  Enter my giveaway to win a custom love coupon book.





Linking Up with: Style Statement Tuesday, LeAnn and Sami for Weekend Update, Molly for Yolo Mondays, Monday MingleI Love my Online Friends Blog Hop, Share the Love Blog HopGFC Collective and GFC Blog Hop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...