Penniless Socialite: Weekend Update: Thriftin' Around Town

Monday, January 21, 2013

Weekend Update: Thriftin' Around Town

(A planner, Gap gift card, ad space and more!)
Dress: Simply Be via Gwynnie Bee | Tights: Anthropologie (worn here, similar here) | 
Boots: Macy's (worn here, similar here) | Hat: Ebay (worn here, similar here) | 
Bracelets: Groopdealz, F21 & Julep (worn here and here, similar here, here, here and here) | 
Ring: vintage | Earrings: Bauble Bar





This weekend I decided I wanted to do a little thrift store shopping...And this is the exact conversation that commenced between Elena and me.

In full disclosure, the outfit pictured is not what I wore because I did not do a photo shoot of my unwashed  appearance.  However, I did wear that hat.  Even though I didn't have enough energy to shower, I had more than enough to score some great finds.


I'm only giving a sneak peek at the clothing items because they will be making an appearance on the blog soon.  
Vintage dress: $8, Striped Forever 21 shirt: $3.50, Patterned top: $3.50


Brigadoon print: $35.  I normally don't like to pay more than $10 for an item at Goodwill, but I could not turn down this print.  The Scot and I attended a wedding at the Brigadoon last year, so it has some meaning to me.  I am sure I overpaid, but I considered it a donation to Goodwill...haha.


Presidential pitcher: $3.99.  Seriously, how could I turn this down?  (I also did a little grocery shopping, as is evidenced by the stack of cans behind the glorious pitcher).


Vintage ring: $16.  Although I do love the Presidential pitcher.  This vintage ring might be my favorite find of the day.

And then of course I tortured the dog a little bit:


Don't even try and tell me you don't put your shower cap on our dog.

Full disclosure: I did not receive any thing from Gwynnie Bee in exchange for this post.  I found the service on my own and decided to sign up and share it with you guys.  I do get one free month of Gwynnie Bee for every lady that signs up for a paid month of Gwynnie Bee here.

Oh yeah, and I have a second giveaway going on.  Enter my giveaway to win a custom love coupon book.





Linking Up with: Style Statement Tuesday, LeAnn and Sami for Weekend Update, Molly for Yolo Mondays, Monday Mingle, I Love my Online Friends Blog Hop, Share the Love Blog Hop, GFC Collective and GFC Blog Hop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...