Penniless Socialite: Stuff I Wore: Smile...Like a Human Being.

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Stuff I Wore: Smile...Like a Human Being.

Last weekend I had a little photo shoot with my bestie Elena.  And I crashed and burned.  I pretty much turn into Liz Lemon in front of the camera.  I certainly hope you remember that episode where Liz has to film a promo for her TV show "Deal Breakers"....and this happens:
Source
Her mannerisms prompt Pete to say, "OK, smile ... with your mouth ... wave ... like a human being!"  Apparently, instructions to "act natural" or "smile like a human" have no effect on me.  Or maybe I just think natural acting humans scrunch up their face into weird configurations...and it didn't help that Elena and I can't be in the same room with each other for more than 30 seconds without laughing.
Here's the best we could do:
Shirt // J. crew Factory
AG Stevie Ankles // Anthropologie. worn here and here
Belt // J. crew Factory
Necklace // Anthropologie, worn here
Chunky Pemota Heel // Target
Ring // Avon (old)
And if you're wondering why it looks like I'm about to fall over...I was.  That's just me, hanging out in front of a screen acting natural while trying not to topple over.  On the bright side, when I wasn't about to fall over....look how long and lean my  legs look!


These shoes are really meant for short distance movements and for looking.  I have to remove one shoe to drive.


And do you have any idea how long it took to get this shot?  Elena stated several times, "Stop making a claw."  Why are hands so hard to pose?  

Elena is working on her portrait work and I'm working on my face.  I have actually been practicing in the mirror.  It's really awkward when my roommate catches me.  In a few weeks you will barely be able to tell the difference between me and those Victoria's Secret ladies.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...