Penniless Socialite: Stuff I Wore: Peplum and Gypsies

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Stuff I Wore: Peplum and Gypsies

Foundational Pencil Skirt // Anthropologie (worn here, similar here); Top // TJ Maxx (similar here); Rainy Day Bow Ballet Flats // J. Crew (worn here, similar here); Cropped cardigan // White House Black Market (similar here)
Gold Bracelet // Target (worn here and here, similar here); Crystal Brulee Bracelet // J. Crew (worn here , similar here )
Lovebirds Pine Necklace // Jewelmint (similar here)
After reading this post on The Bargain Blonde about a month ago, I was reminded that I have an irrational obsession with gypsies.  I watch every episode of My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding that I can find AND when the Scot and I went to Cyprus last Fall, I was pretty much on a gypsy hunt. AND THERE WERE GYPSIES STAYING IN OUR HOTEL!!!  I'm not kidding.  I would not kid about gypsies.  They had the same accents as those on MBFGW AND when the girls went out one night they pretty much wore sparkly bikinis.  I think that's pretty much a confirmed gypsy sighting.

I'm also pretty snotty about my gypsies.  Oh you live in a HOUSE?!  Not a gypsy.  Oh your wedding dress was only 5 feet wide and didn't light up?!  Not a gypsy.

Just as much as I have an irrational obsession, the Scot has an unnatural HATRED of my obsession.  He tells me all the time that gypsies are horrible and make a mess of any where they settle.  He just leaves the room when MBFGW is on.  And then I just instigate when I give him a play by play of some gypsy lives.  Almost nothing annoys the Scot, however, my obsession with gypsies gets him all riled up.  Come to think of it, the only time I've seen him get annoyed is when I mention gypsies.  So, you know damn well I am requesting to see some gypsies on our vacation to Scotland in September.

But in all seriousness, I do find their treatment of women APPALLING.  I almost has a brain aneurysm when a mom said she'd punish her son if she caught him cleaning up after himself because that's a woman's job.  Don't even get me started on how they pull their children out of school at 12.  However, my distaste for some of their "customs" doesn't lessen my obsession.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...