Penniless Socialite: Cats in Hats (and Blazers)

Monday, March 4, 2013

Cats in Hats (and Blazers)

The name for this post will become apparent as you scroll down.  Just do it.  You will enjoy it.

Dress: Anthropologie | Blazer: Lauren Conrad for Kohl's (similar) | Shoes: Target (similar) | 
Necklace: J. Crew Factory (worn) | Bracelets: Groopdealz, Forever 21, Bauble Bar (worn and here) | 
Earrings: Lucas Jack via Rocks Box | Watch: Michael Kors (worn)






Yes, that is my sister dressed up as Cat in the Hat.  This weekend one of my cousins had a Dr. Seuss themed party for her son's first birthday.  In my family, we don't do small parties.  Go big or go home.  So, of course there had to be a costume.  I'm pretty proud of all the kiddos at the party, not a single one cried at the sight of Erin as a beloved (actually terrifying) story book character.  Seriously, do you remember the Cat in the Hat?  He broke into that family's home while the parents were out and just made a mess of everything.  I decided to forgo the obvious and did not make the Scot dress as the Thing 2 to my Thing 1 and just went with an understated cat print dress...so as to show my support for  my sister's performance and not upstage it.

Linking Up with: DC in StyleReal Girl GlamStyle Statement TuesdayStyle SessionsSami for Weekend Shennanigan's, Molly for Yolo Mondays, LeAnn for Monday Morning Gossip, Monday MingleI Love my Online Friends Blog Hop, Monday Mingling Blog HopGFC Collective, and GFC Blog Hop
This month's Supreme Whopper Sponsor is:
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...