Penniless Socialite: Pattern Mixing and Benefit Cosmetics

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Pattern Mixing and Benefit Cosmetics

Benefit and Pattern Mixing 1 
Top: Madewell via @kitschcatvintage (similar) | Skirt: J. Crew (similar) | Sandals: Target (similar, worn) |
Bow Corsage Cuff: JewelMint (wornsimilar) | Pave Link Bracelet: Urban Gem via Rocks Box (worn) | 
Sierra Necklace: Urban Gem via Rocks Box
Sign up for Rocks Box here and receive a free month of service!
Benefit and Pattern Mixing 2 Benefit and Pattern MIxing 4 Benefit and Pattern Mixing 3
As you can see from these pics, I did a little shopping at my local Benefit Cosmetics store.  I had to fill up on my fav skin care products (that Sephora has annoyingly decided not to carry anymore).  I know, it sounds really petty.  But, Benefit has actually brought my skin to a point where I am no longer getting acne like it's the night before the prom.  I'm almost afraid to switch to anything else for fear of disturbing what lies beneath my skin.  I decided in these months before our wedding, I would start taking better care of my skin.  And I think the mission can to be declared accomplished.
Another mission I have undertaken in the months before the wedding, is to grow my eye brows out.  I've recently started penciling them in and cannot believe the difference it makes on my face.  So, I decided to ditch my sparse eyebrows that have been thinned and killed due to years of over-plucking.  Thanks 1990's Drew Barrymore.  Well, I found out, Benefit offers some awesome services.  Before waxing or tweezing your brows, they actually map out where the ends and arch of your brow should be to best suit the shape of your face.  AND they also offer brow tinting...which should help out my skinny brow dilemma.  I wasn't able to make an appointment while I was in, but I will be returning soon for a brow overhaul.

What's your brow grooming routine?  Or are you one of those ladies I hate with naturally perfect brows that never have to be plucked?

 photo Signature_zps67b37c0d.png
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...