Penniless Socialite: Weekend Update: A Truly Outrageous Birthday Party

Monday, May 13, 2013

Weekend Update: A Truly Outrageous Birthday Party

Dress: Kate Spade via Rent the Runway | Shoes: BCBG via Marshall's (worn) | Earrings: Etsy
Ring: Rent the Runway | Bracelets: t+j Designs, Groopdealz (worn)





This weekend I celebrated my 30th birthday with friends and family...and a ton of candy and pizza.  So, I borrowed a dress from Rent the Runway that looked like something I would have worn to a birthday party in the 80's, slapped on my Jem-inspired earrings and chanted "It's showtime Synergy!"  You can see there was an obvious theme here.  (It was a total monsoon all day...so you have to settle for pictures in a parking garage...in weirdo lighting)

I made the Scot drive a half hour to pick up the cake from The Hudson Cakery.  The strawberry lemonade butter cream was totally worth it.

That is my actual pink Barbie corvette. (and Alvin and the Chipmunks figures)

The centerpieces were jars of candy with table numbers featuring 80's cartoons...there was G.I. Joe, Jem, She-Ra, He-Man, Care Bears, Snorks, Smurfs...you get the idea.  The pixie sticks were a big hit.  As were the Pop Rocks.  Had to to go 3 different dollar stores to find them.




I was pretty excited about these light up paper glasses...and the baubles my cousins got me.

My roommate got me ceiling fan light bulbs...we don't even have a ceiling fan.  I feel like my reaction was appropriate.

There was a suit of armor in the room...so of course this happened.

[Warning: extreme mush coming]  I am very grateful that so many of my friends and family came to help me celebrate.  If you were to ask me where I saw myself at age 30, I never would have thought I'd be in the place in my life, but I wouldn't want my life to be any different.  I predict that 30 is going to be the best year yet.

Linking Up with: Sami for Weekend Shennanigan's, Molly for Yolo Mondays, LeAnn for Monday Morning Gossip, Lisette for I Love Bloglovin, Monday MingleMonday Mingling Blog HopSunday StyleMy Style Monday
 photo Signature_zps67b37c0d.png
This month's Supreme Whopper Sponsor is:
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...