Penniless Socialite: Faux Fur and Rebecca Taylor

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Faux Fur and Rebecca Taylor


Rebecca Taylor and Faux Fur 1
 
Necklace: c/o NoMoreRack.com | Dress: Rebecca Taylor via TJ Maxx (worn) | Vest: via Poshmark (worn) | Bracelets: Sophistifunk Shop & Bauble Bar (worn here & here) | 
Ring: Gorjana via RocksBox | Booties: Target (worn)
See below for similar items

How do you know if you spend too much time shopping?  When you have to make a whole blog about it?  I feel like that's a pretty good indicator.  But, seriously, how much time is too much time to spend perusing the Internet for great dealsand scouring Marshall's and TJ Maxx for a steal?  When I saw this dress at TJ Maxx last fall, I fell in love.  I love how Rebecca Taylor's designs can be girly, whimsical and chic all at once.  However, my modest bank account does not condone my love affair with RT.  So, what did I do?  I visited this dress at TJ Maxx once a week for almost two months until it went far enough on sale for me to purchase.  That sounds like a pretty sick obsession, right?  Well, I pass TJ Maxx on my way home from work and each trip was about 5 minutes.  So, I maybe spent 40 minutes shopping for this dress in total.
Rebecca Taylor and Faux Fur 2 Rebecca Taylor and Faux Fur 3 Rebecca Taylor and Faux Fur 4 Rebecca Taylor and Faux Fur 5 Rebecca Taylor and Faux Fur 6
However, this vest was a different story.  I spent countless hours going to the mall, perusing online retailers and scouring Poshmark for the perfect faux fur cropped vest.  I spent so long looking for it, that by the time I found one I loved....winder was more than half over.  Also, after I finally found the vest, I actually had the thought...."Well?  What do I do now?"  Was I really spending that much of my free time shopping that I didn't know what to do with myself after I had acquired my find?!  That's insane!  It's not like I even spend a lot of money online shopping.  I just spend soooo much time looking. Also, I am a professional woman, in a relationship, with a dog (and a cat), with lots of friends.  I have so many other and better things I could be doing with my spare time.
So, now I am putting limits on myself.  No more losing track of time online shopping.  I will only online shop during my Sunday morning couch sessions and I will only take a trip to Marshall's or TJ Maxx once a month.  I am not saying I am going to replace that time with worthwhile endeavors like reading classic novels, or learning another language, or cooking a hot meal once in a while.  I'll probably just get more blog reading and cat cuddling done during the week. 

get the look new
 photo Signature_zps67b37c0d.png
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...